Help Support the FL Stanton Community!
We want to support the FL Stanton Community in this tough time, and we have TWO great opportunities for you to show that support from wherever you might be.
Create a video for the students! We are collecting math and reading videos that will be distributed to the FL Stanton students. Please read the instructions below carefully. Please do NOT mention anything about the status of Camp Jenny 2020 in your video!
- You must have a Google account in order to upload your video. If you do not have a Google account, email firstname.lastname@example.org for different instructions.
- All videos should be filmed in landscape mode!
- Introduce yourself and what you’re about to do. (“My name is Jordan, and we’re going to count by 10s.” “My name is Haley and I’m going to read you ‘Harold and the Purple Crayon.’”)
- Please play your video back to make sure your volume is good.
- Don’t worry if you make a little mistake. Just move on (it’s good for the kids to see that it’s ok to make a mistake).
- Once you film your educational video, click here to upload it to the system.
Pick a story book and film yourself reading it. Show the pictures as you read (if possible, have someone film you rather than using selfie mode so that pages don’t show up backwards). Make it fun – ask questions as you go: “What do you think will happen next?” “Has something like this ever happened to you?” “Do you see all these colorful animals?”
Think about a single math idea and keep it short. Examples: Count by 10s, do multiplication tables for the number 6, have some objects in front of you and do a few simple addition or subtraction problems. Math videos should be between 30 and 90 seconds.
Show the FL Stanton teachers some love! We want to show support to the FL Stanton faculty as well. So, film a quick word of encouragement or write a handwritten note and then take a photo of it. Once done, fill out this form to upload it to the system. (This link is different than the one for student videos.)
We know you love Camp Jenny, we do too! Let’s show the FL Stanton Community that Camp Jenny is more than just a weekend in May, it’s a community we’ve built together!
If you have any questions, please let us know (tech-related questions should go to email@example.com).